Today, Take-Two Interactive Software announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018, which ended March 31st, 2018.
Below you’ll find all of the income figures for the quarter and the year. The media launch defined the results “ ” that was powerful.
The press release was accompanied by Chief Executive Officer Strauss Zelnick with a comment. Zelnick boasts growth in earnings driven by continuing consumer spending (IE: microtransactions), and anticipates records for the current fiscal year because of Redemption 2, fresh NBA 2K and WWE 2K games.
We heard a “highly-anticipated title from one of 2K’s most important franchises” which was proposed for the present financial year will now launching in another, meaning involving April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020. This game has been teased from the past few fiscal reports, and several believe it to be Borderlands 3. The reason for the delay is described as giving development time to the title.
While we overlook’have no official confirmation about the identification of the delayed game since Borderlands 3, it’s’s quite likely to be authentic.
“During the quarter, Take-Two delivered Net Bookings growth driven by increased continuing consumer spending — such as better-than-expected effects from Grand Theft Auto Online. Our solid execution marked the completion of another outstanding year for our Company, emphasized by growth in Internet Bookings, earnings and net cash provided by operating activities, together with margin growth. Grand Theft Auto Online along with NBA 2K generated record results, surpassing our initial expectations, and we profited from strong continuing earnings of Grand Theft Auto V and other catalog titles.
We expect fiscal 2019 to be yet another year of profitable growth for Take-Two, including the two recording Net Bookings and document net cash provided by operating activities, led by the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 along with fresh yearly releases from NBA 2K along with WWE 2K. We’ll also continue to support our titles with offerings developed to drive engagement and continuing consumer spending. The highly-anticipated title from among 2K’s most important franchises, which had been proposed for release during the current financial year, is currently planned for launch through financial 2020 allowing for additional development time. We stay as excited as ever about this particular title, and expect it to boost our results next year.
This year will be the 25th anniversary of Take-Two and, over that time, we’ve assembled our Business into a diversified and rewarding venture. Take-Two is extremely well-positioned — strategically and financially — for continuing growth and returns for our shareholders within the long-term.”
In addition, we have an explanation of the quarterly benefits in the accompanying press release.
“Web sales was $450.3 million, compared to $571.6 million in a year’s fiscal fourth quarter. Recurrent consumer spending (digital money, add-on content and in-game buys) grew 42% year-over-year and accounted for 44% of total net revenue.
Digitally-delivered net revenue grew 8% to $301.4 million, compared to $278.7 million in last year’s fiscal fourth quarter.
The announcement also contained a listing of this writer’s accomplishments from the last quarter, including the two of its subsidiaries Rockstar and 2K games.
- During financial year 2018, the business repurchased 1.51 million shares of its common stock for $154.8 million.
- Powerful March 19, 2018, Take-Two was added into the S&P 500 indicator.
The Premium Online Edition involves the comprehensive Grand Theft Auto V narrative encounter, the ever-evolving universe of Grand Theft Auto Online, and also most of existing gameplay updates and content. Purchasers also receive the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack that gives players access to a massive assortment of content including properties, vehicles, weapons and more valued at over GTA$10,000,000 and GTA$1,000,000 Bonus Cash.
Published LA Noire: The VR Case Files, comprising seven pick cases from the first game handled especially for a virtual reality experience, for Oculus Rift. LA Noire: The VR Case Files is also available for your HTC VIVE system. Released new free content updates such as Grand Theft Auto Online, including:
- The Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series, that launched two new racing styles — Hot Ring Circuit and Goal Assault, additional Transform races and Specific Vehicle races, two brand new Adversary manners: The Vespucci Job and Trap Door, 13 new vehicles, along with new tools for your Race Creator.
- The Air Quota along with Hardest Target Adversary Modes.
- Numerous all-new vehicles and aircraft.
Announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26, 2018.
- NBA 2K18 became our highest-selling sports name ever, using sell-in to date of over 9 million components. This growth builds on the critically acclaimed gameplay experience of Civilization VI giving players fresh choices, strategies, and challenges since they guide a culture through the ages. The growth introduces new Golden Ages and Dark Ages, a brand new city Loyalty platform, and Governors who could be stationed in players’ cities. Civilization VI: Fall and Rise additionally adds eight new leaders and eight new civilizations from across the Earth, giving players much more variety and diversity in how they play Civilization VI.
- Announced that it’s operating in partnership with Tencent to co-develop NBA 2K Online 2 at China. The title currently is in Beta testing and planned for commercial release this fall. NBA 2K Online 2 is based on the console edition of NBA 2K and attributes 2K’s epic gameplay, 27 customizable place forms, new player trading platforms, eSports-optimized attributes, localized opinion and much more.
- Announced that Hangar 13 — the most critically acclaimed storytellers and developer of Mafia III — has recently expanded with the introduction of a new place in Brighton, United Kingdom, bettering the studio’s attempts to tap into the world’s most talented development pools and construct a globally diverse team. Hangar 13 is presently working on an unannounced AAA project for 2K and certainly will continue to climb in the U.S. and Europe in a speed consistent with the maturation of the game.
- Released Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, the new console version of the treasured space simulation game, for digital download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Kerbal Space Program Improved Edition is built from the ground up to add re-worked and console-optimized UI, a new control scheme exclusively for consoles, and also more ways to appreciate starting spaceships to orbit.
- Published Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion for PC. This initial expansion for the critically acclaimed area simulation provides an abundance of new and exciting content to the game, such as a robust Mission Builder which allows players create and discuss their own situations, and a History Bundle containing missions inspired by historical moments in space exploration.
- Stated that Kerbal Space Program will be released on Tencent’s WeGame distribution platform as a top PC game at a date to be determined.
If you would like to compare these outcomes with those of the preceding quarter, then you can check out our committed article from February.