Now Ubisoft released its financial results for its third quarter of financial year 2017-18, that ended December 31st, 2017.
Here you can check out a breakdown of revenue by platform and by region.
Chief Executive Officer Yves Guillemot also accompanied the press release with an announcement, providing more info regarding the problem of Ubisoft’s company between October and December 2017.
“Our very powerful third-quarter performance highlights just two places where we have made major strides. First our games’ live surgeries are making steady progress. This has fueled momentum for digital and back catalogue, which hit record highs this quarter. Secondly, the increasingly recurring profile of the business has had a very positive effect on our new releases. By taking additional time to develop our games, we have been able to deliver three top-quality titles since August, including the grand return of Assassin’s Creed. ”
“These successes demonstrate that our differentiating strategy of combining long-term investment within our talented teams and also our multi-studios collaboration model is paying off. This technique enables us to provide high quality blockbusters while keeping our communities engaged through regular big upgrades. As a result, Ubisoft is perfectly positioned to reach its targets for fiscal 2017-18 and 2018-19. ”
In addition, we receive a series of bullet points comprising the writer’s relevant achievements during the past quarter.
$725.0 million in third-quarter earnings, up 36.8% year on year, outstripping Ubisoft’s revised target of about $700.0 million along with its original goal of $630.0 million.
Great execution across the plank
– Assassin’s Creed® Origins:
o Business’s best-seller in EMEA at 2017
o Average playtime per player anticipated to almost double2
– Tom Clancy communities: nearly 60 million exceptional players
– Ghost Recon® Wildlands: Industry’s seventh best-seller at EMEA and tenth from NCSA
– Rainbow Six® Siege esports: World-famous teams — Evil Geniuses, Team Liquid,
FaZe Clan and Counter Logic Gambling — combined the Pro League
– The Section®: Player participation more than doubling using the 1.8 update
– SwitchTM: Ubisoft is your console’s major third-party publisher, together with Mario +
Rabbids® Kingdom Battle standing top-seller for Switch’s third-party games
– For Honor®: Fifth most seen new game on Twitch in 2017
– Mobile: 75.6% Increase and partnership signed between Ketchapp and Tencent at
Really significant progress for digital transformation (nine-month interval)
– Sharp 75.0% rise in Digital earnings to $670.3 million (representing 56.3 percent of total
sales compared with 47.2% one year earlier)
– PRI3 surges 87.4% to $318.5 million (representing 26.7 percent of total sales compared
with 20.9% one year before)
Confirmation of those strongly recurring profile of this Group’s firm (nine-month period)
– Back-catalogue earnings up 31.5 percent to $608.8 million
Last, but not least, the media launch showcased a listing of Ubisoft’s releases during the present quarter (until March 31st, 2018).
If you want to compare, it is also possible to have a look at the prior quarter’s results in our dedicated post.